Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The joys of studying

I am currently studying for dear life for my Advanced OO Programming exam in two days. I had forgotten how much energy it takes learning concentrated, especially when you have to learn stuff that you are not going to use much after the exam. Admitted, there are great stuff in there like Design Patterns, Refactoring and so on that I will use, but also other things that are not pressing in my current line of work.

I just want to get it over with now. I feel ready enough. So bring it on.

Yesterday my laptop broke down. Really. I think it is related to the power supply, cause the thing is positively dead. Hopefully I will get it back by friday. Fortunately the hard drive was intact. That was my first concern. So I have my data. Especially my notes for the exam! But I feel so naked without my laptop...

The last thing. Congrats to my girlfriend. Today it is her 28th birthday. Hooray!

No comments: